Friday, May 30, 2008

Sex And The City

If you loved the TV show as much as I did, then you’ll love it. They give you a little recap in the beginning to catch you up on each character’s history, so even those who never watched the show can enjoy it. The pre-wedding part of the movie flew by and felt choppy, but the movie is over 2 hours, so they had to cram a lot in. After the “Big” day, the movie slows to a more manageable rate, without the choppiness. Samantha is just as fabulous as always, Charlotte is still sweet and optimistic, Miranda is a bit overworked and Carrie is the same old Carrie. My only question is: What happened to Marcus, Sanford’s one true love? They could have mentioned him in passing to give us a hint at what happened with him. Even though the evil previews gave away the two main dramas that the movie is centered around, I refuse to give any of it away. I was just hoping they would have given Samantha more of a grand finale to her storyline. She was always my favorite with her unapologetically unabashed love for sex :). If you love chick flicks, go see it! I loved it!

No comments: