Monday, May 19, 2008

Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

I think I liked this better than the first Narnia movie, and that one was great! The same 4 siblings find themselves transported back to Narnia after being beckoned to assist a prince to prevent his throne from being overtaken by an evil uncle. A few cool battles with even cooler creatures ensue. It felt like a cross between the Harry Potter movies (one creature sure looked a lot like Buckbeak the Hippogriff) and the Lord of the Rings trilogy (I think they stole some Ents!). The only “star” that I recognized from this film is Peter Dinklage (In Bruges, Station Agent), but I tend to prefer non-star-studded movies as the focus is more on the story, rather than who is in it. Not suitable for small children, since the battle scenes may be too scary. Very cool special effects and a very enjoyable movie!

No comments: