Thursday, May 1, 2008

Nim’s Island

Really cute story of a girl and her Dad living on a private island. The girl (Abigail Breslin, from Little Miss Sunshine- GREAT movie!) idolizes her favorite adventure writer (Jodie Foster). When Dad (Gerald Butler – so hot! - from the "300" movie) doesn’t return from a boat trip, the girl enlists her favorite adventure writer to help her. Too bad Jodie Foster’s character is OCD and agoraphobic! Very cute adventure type story, and slightly reminiscent of Home Alone when the boy has to scare away bad guys. I omitted a sentence here - I don't like to give away too much! From the previews, I had the impression the island animals speak. They don’t. The lizard may groan and even scream at times, but the movie is not as “cutesy” as I expected it to be. I loved it, and kids and grownups of all ages should as well!

No comments: