Monday, July 4, 2011

Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon (3D)

Sci-Fi, Action
3 stars
Mindless action film + a hot chick = Guy Movie. I never saw the first two Transformers films and only saw this one because they tore up my local neighborhood in Chicago for four months last summer filming so I wanted see to the end result. A giant robot found on the moon is brought back because he possesses some pillar thingies that were supposed to save his and the other “Autobots” planet (even though their planet was already destroyed by the bad robots, so that doesn’t make much sense to me, but then I was kinda bored and not really paying attention). Oh yeah, something to do with time-travel and bringing some badass through. Whatever. The beginning was interesting with the whole conspiracy theory behind the US putting the first people on the moon (Buzz Aldrin has a small role). Then, it was just lots of robots shooting at each other, and people who should have easily been squashed like bugs, joining in the fight. I knew the colored robots were good guys, but I couldn’t tell apart all the silver ones. Shia Labeouf, Rosie Huntington-Whitely, Patrick Dempsey. Jim liked it. I didn’t. It was really, really, long (157 minutes)!

No comments: