Friday, July 15, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

Fantasy
4 stars
Very good! So much better than the slow moving Part 1. This is the conclusion and probably the darkest of the Potter series where Harry finally faces down the evil Lord Voldemort and learns the truth about Professor Snape (Daniel Radcliff, Ralph Fiennes, Alan Rickman). Both exciting and sentimental, I was in theater full of mostly adults who cheered and clapped at a few exalting scenes and even applauded at the ending where one theater-goer proclaimed “Mischief Managed!”. I wish I had prepped and watched the previous episodes again since I have a failing memory (I had mostly forgotten the details about Dumbledore’s family), but from what I can recall the film stayed true to the book as all the others did. It makes me want to read the final book again. Good movie.

No comments: