Thursday, March 18, 2010

Brooklyn’s Finest

Drama, Crime
3 stars
Really long! Three unhappy cops working for the same dangerous district all find themselves in desperate situations. Richard Gere plays a frustratingly ineffective uniformed cop just 7 days from retirement who is marking the days till he is off the job. Ethan Hawke plays a SWAT team cop with way too many kids that he can’t afford to support, and the ever-talented Don Cheadle plays an undercover cop who is sick and tired of hanging out with drug dealers. Just when the climax was building, I found myself yawning and checking my watch – not a good sign (it’s 133 minutes long). For what it’s worth, a lady I bumped into after the movie really liked it. I was bored. It started out OK, but then just felt too drawn out. When a movie gets to the point where both myself and some guy behind me are both saying out loud to screen “just shoot the guy!”, it’s just too aggravating. Wait for cable.

No comments: