Friday, November 13, 2009

New York, I Love You

Drama
2.5 stars
Passable collection of intertwined short stories. I’m afraid only Woody Allen and maybe Nora Ephron can truly show off New York. This film didn’t really show off the city at all, it is more about pickup lines and hookups, and it felt really long (it was only 103 minutes). Despite the all star cast including stars young and old such as Orlando Bloom, Shia LaBeouf, James Caan (loved his role), Andy Garcia, Drea de Matteo, Bradley Cooper, Ethan Hawk, Julie Christie, Cloris Leachman, Eli Wallach and many more, it was mostly long and dull. Some of the stories were interesting, one was really strange (LaBeouf’s was the weirdest) and one was cute (Leachman and Wallach), but as I said, on the whole it seemed really long and was without much substance and I kept thinking “Chicago, I love you”.

No comments: