Friday, May 25, 2012

The Avengers

Sci-Fi, Action
3.5 stars
Jim loved it; I liked some of it. Thor’s evil brother, Loki, opens a portal to let all kinds of mayhem loose on Earth, so all the superheroes are teamed up to save the world. Now I love Robert Downey Jr. and his cocky Ironman persona, I’ve never heard of Jeremy Renner’s Hawkeye character and didn’t get his never-miss, exploding arrows, and as hot as Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth are, they looked pretty stupid in their superhero costumes. Why couldn’t they just fight shirtless and in ripped jeans? But I digress... I so much prefer Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk rather than smarmy Ed Norton from the 2008 film. Even though suddenly the Hulk is now able to control himself while hulked-out - which I thought was quite a stretch - the Hulk scenes were probably the most fun; you’ll agree on one scene in particular. Oh yeah, Scarlett Johansson is in it too. The six Navy guys sitting behind me really enjoyed her scenes, a lot. They did left me hanging, wondering about Thor’s one true love at the end. Stay all the way through the credits. There is one scene shortly after the credits begin, and another scene ALL the way at the absolute very end. You should have time to go the bathroom and come back for that final scene. It’s a fun action movie. There are a lot of little details that bothered me, but as I said, my husband loved it.

No comments: