Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1

Fantasy
3.5 stars
Long and slow. Harry, Ron and Hermione skip Hogwart’s this year to hole up in the middle of nowhere to research where the rest of the 7 Horcrux’s are (objects infused with pieces of Voldemort’s soul to prolong his longevity). It’s depressing without all the cool people and distractions at Hogwart’s, and this may be the darkest film in the series yet – too dark for sensitive little ones. It’s been so long since I’ve read this book that I can’t remember how much of the story has been modified for the screen version. I thought this movie was too long and drawn out, but I’ve read all the books so I’m invested in the story. I hope the finale is better. The 100 or so teens and tweens in the theater seemed to love it and even applauded at the end. Only for Potter fans.

No comments: