Friday, November 5, 2010

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest

Foreign, Intrigue
4.5 stars
Excellent finale to The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo trilogy (must be seen sequentially). Swedish with subtitles. As Lizbeth Salander recovers from three gunshot wounds, she now faces charges of attempted murder and must face the psychiatric doctor who had sexually abused her during her teen years. Excellent, excellent story, well told, well acted. Noomi Rapace returns in the title role as does Michael Nyqvist as a prominent journalist and her former flame. I only wish I had watched The Girl Who Played With Fire again before seeing this. Though I saw Played With Fire twice already this summer I still forgot little details, like exactly who Sandberg is, what was the beef between the bikers and the giant blonde guy, Niedermann, and I never did figure out who Bjorn was. Yes, there is a huge cast, and the plot is complicated, no matter, I still loved this series. Loved it, I highly recommend this series – these are my favorite three movies of the year!

No comments: