Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My Sister’s Keeper

Tearjerker
3.5 stars
Definitely bring tissues to this movie. Abigail Breslin stars as a genetically pre-determined child created to help keep her leukemia stricken sister alive (unknown but talented actress Sofia Vassilieva). Breslin then sues her parents for emancipation and the right to make decisions about her own body. If only a dying sister and lawsuit were the only things to cry about – but wait, there’s more to cry about… But I won’t give anymore away. I only wish they had more background music to mask all the sniffling in the audience! Cameron Diaz affectingly plays the overbearing mother who refuses to let go. Jason Patrick (In the Valley of Elah), Alec Baldwin and Joan Cusack co-star. Good movie but I couldn’t wait for the end so I could blow my nose!

No comments: