Friday, October 17, 2008

Religulous

Bill Maher pushes a lot of buttons about people’s faith in this documentary. If you are sensitive about the topic, then this movie will probably offend you. I think it is healthy to push buttons and get people to think. I didn’t agree with all of Bill Maher’s conclusions, but I found the movie quite amusing and laughed out loud several times. He picks on pretty much everybody (gay Muslims, ex-Jews for Jesus, that wacko who has folks believing he is the second coming of Christ, and a Holy Land amusement park!), and those TV evangelists deserved it the most. He inserts amusing tidbits from various religious movies, and even Scarface! For a documentary, it kept me interested and never bored. I enjoyed it, but like I said, it may offend some sensitive folks.

No comments: