Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Nick and Nora’s Infinite Playlist

Cute teenage movie. The movie follows a couple of groups of high school seniors through an endless night around NYC clubs as they search for the location of an elusive rock band, while two girls vie for the affections of geeky Michael Cera (Juno, Superbad). I’m still not sure what either girl saw in Cera, but the movie is entertaining - and there is a running theme with some bubble gum. I wasn’t paying attention to the gum until one particularly gross – and unforgettable – scene with the drunk blonde, so I’m not sure when it all started. I loved the gay band members; they were probably my favorite part of the movie. I kept hoping a certain arrogant and condescending bimbo would get punched in the face. A fun movie for those who like teenager films.

No comments: