Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Dark Knight

“Dark” being the operative word. I thought the movie was unnecessarily too dark, and the plot too convoluted. I’ve always liked Heath Ledger, but a posthumous Academy Award? I think not. Heath plays an insane criminal who enjoys bringing chaos into the already dangerous Gotham. Christian Bale is back as the caped crusader and Aaron Eckhart (Thank You For Smoking – now that was a good movie!) as the new idealist DA who wants to turn Gotham around. It wasn’t a terrible movie, but not nearly as good as the previous Christian Bale effort. Sorry, I prefer Jack Nicholson as a more light-hearted Joker, with a sense of humor. Unfortunately this “comic” book adaptation is dark and depressing with so many characters that I gave up trying to remember everyone’s names. But all the critics seem to love it, so maybe it’s just me. You decide.

No comments: