Sunday, March 3, 2013

A Good Day to Die Hard

Action, Comedy
3.5 stars
Jim liked it.  Bruce Willis goes to Russia when he learns his son (Jai Courtney; Jack Reacher) is on trial for attempted murder, which leads to a much bigger conspiracy story.  Honestly, I thought the first action sequence was dumb and unnecessary.  I know action movies are all about mindless explosions, chases and shoot'em-ups, but Bruce jumping into a truck and endangering how many innocent lives because he wasn't finished talking to his son just seemed really dumb to me, even though I get the humor of it.  I just didn't like it as much as previous Die Hard films, and thought Courtney was the wrong choice for Willis's son.  I would have preferred an actor with the same "everyman" sense of humor as Willis.  Anyway, Jim loved it.

No comments: