Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Dylan Dog: Dead of Night

Sci-Fi, Camp
3 stars
Only for Sci-Fi fans (like me). Brandon Routh (Superman Returns) stars as a modern-day film noir-ish private investigator who has had prior experience with vampires, werewolves and zombies (oh my!) and unwillingly becomes entangled in their dramas once again as they begin killing off “breathers” in search of a mysterious “heart”. Only fans of the campy films you see on SyFy or those who enjoy shows like “Supernatural” or “Being Human” will enjoy this tongue-in-cheek film. I happen to love vampires, werewolves and zombies (oh my! – sorry, I just can’t help myself:) ) and I enjoyed this film even though Routh is way too pretty for this role and you have to wonder why the more powerful beings don’t just easily kill him off to get him off their backs. Co-stars include Sam Huntington (“Being Human”) as Routh’s best friend, Peter Stormare (Constantine, Fargo) as the sort-of “Godfather” of the werewolf clan, and Taye Diggs as the leader of the vampire coven. Fun, fun, fun!!

No comments: