Friday, January 14, 2011

The Dilemma

Comedy
3 stars
Good for a few laughs. Vince Vaughn catches his best friend’s wife cheating on him (Kevin James and Winona Ryder) with Channing Tatum and can’t find the right time or circumstance to tell him. Jennifer Connelly co-stars as Vaughn’s girlfriend. The first half of the movie was much better than what I’d expected, but then comes the awkward and inappropriate toast, shown in all the previews, that is even more awkward and inappropriate and excruciating to watch. Then there are a few more excruciating scenes and I started to wonder what happened to the nice comedy it started out to be. I liked the ending. I give it a “3” or “average” rating. Since most of the other choices at the theater are either depressing, dull or really dumb, this may be the best of the worst at the moment (except for The Tourist, I still think that’s a great date movie). So-so comedy.

No comments: