Monday, June 7, 2010

Get Him to the Greek

Comedy
2.5 stars
Mildly amusing raunchy comedy starring Jonah Hill (Superbad) as an assistant record exec sent to pick up a drug-addled rock star (Russell Brand) in London and bring him back to L.A. for a concert. I expected it to be a bit raunchy and good for a few dumb laughs, but I was disappointed that they seemed to try to hard with the foolishness. Surprisingly, Russell Brand seemed to be the most sober character, and I liked that Jonah Hill played a sad minion just trying to get his job done. I’m afraid Sean Combs (or whatever he calls himself these days) simply cannot act and should stick to his day job. Rose Byrne (Wicker Park) costars as Brand’s former flame. Not all the scenes advertised in the previews were shown in the film. I laughed a few times, but really, save it for cable and have a few beers first to really enjoy it.

No comments: