Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sex and the City 2

Chick Flick
3.5 stars
Fun chick flick. Carrie and the girls take off for Abu Dhabi, and I have to say, I like them better in the city. As compared to the first movie, there’s no major crisis’s here and no sweet but wise Jennifer Hudson. Instead, there is a very bouncy braless nanny (Alice Eve – She’s Out of My League) that all the men in the audience will appreciate, and a hilariously over the top wedding. Then the movie goes a little downhill when girls go to the Middle East and Samantha breaks all the modesty rules. Instead of enjoying all their indulgences, I found myself stressing over all the cleavage and legs they were flaunting in such a conservative country. The fashion was hit or miss, in fact some of it was embarrassingly awful - and I thought Carrie’s head-piece at her ill-fated wedding was bad! I was very happy to see Samantha back as her old horny self though. It’s still an above-average chick flick, but just not as fun or as moving as the first one.

No comments: