Monday, August 10, 2009

Julie & Julia

Chick Flick, Comedy
4 stars
Make reservations at a French restaurant immediately following the viewing of this movie! Meryl Streep is amazing as usual as Julia Child and Amy Adams is lovable as the underdog Julie who decides to cook every recipe in Child’s book in a years time while documenting it in a blog. The film switches back and forth between the women’s lives and I disagree with all the critics who found Adam’s performance unworthy of Streep’s. Let’s face it, Child’s voice is lovable but got on my nerves after awhile and I found switching back to Adams in New York a refreshing change. I also thought Adam’s character was more relatable as a minion in a cubicle whose dreams feel out of reach. Great chick flick, and trust me, you’ll be hungry for some fine dining afterward.

No comments: