Thursday, May 7, 2009

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Sci-Fi, Action
3 stars
This is my first X-Men movie. Since it was a prequel, I was expecting it to explain where Hugh Jackman’s character got his powers – you know, maybe a family curse or a crazed scientist – but, alas, no explanation, so no real “Origins” are revealed. Plenty of killing and explosions for those who get excited about that sort of thing. Liev Schrieber plays Jackman’s brother but his fate is left a mystery; perhaps a sequel to the prequel? I think I’ll skip it. I would have been more interested in seeing more of the special powers of the mutants, especially the one they located in New Orleans. Maybe he’ll be in the sequel to the prequel as well. Not my sort of movie, but Marvel Comic fans will probably like it.

No comments: