Saturday, June 28, 2008

Wanted

Exciting action flick starring James McAvoy (Atonement, Last King of Scotland) as a loser who finds himself being recruited into a group of assassin spies led by Morgan Freeman and receives some training from Angelina Jolie. There was so much I really liked about this movie, especially in the beginning with James McAvoy’s sad but laughable life as a drone in an office cubicle and his cheating girlfriend. I even liked the super human type abilities of the spies and the unrealistic but still kinda cool chase scenes. What I couldn’t get past was how the assassins got their marching orders on whom to kill. Unlike the Bourne movies or Mission Impossible, etc., where there is a command center that tracks bad guys worthy of being taken out, this group of spies gets their targets from this stupid “Loom of Faith”. You wouldn’t believe me if I tried to explain it, it is so ridiculous. As I said, there were so many other good things about the movie, especially James McAvoy who is so likable as a shmo going through life on automatic. Too bad about the incredibly dumb basis for which the group of assassins conspires.

No comments: