Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Under The Same Moon (La Misma Luna)

I loved this movie! A nine year old boy travels from Mexico to L.A. to find his mother who has been working there for 4 years to send money back to her family. Yes, I am against illegal immigration – there just has to be a better way! But it is very interesting to hear the Mexican’s point of view, and the little boy is just so darned cute you can’t help but root for him. Too bad the previews gave away pretty much the entire movie, but I still loved it anyway.

2 comments:

devieux said...

Hi, Mary. Is this movie subtitled?
The New York Times has three recommendations: The Witness, Chop Shop and Boarding Gate. Do you have comments on any of these? Diane

Mary said...

Hi Diane. Yes it is subtitled. I hadn't heard of the other 3 movies, but I looked them up on Moviefone.com and none are playing in our area. All 3 are subtitled also, 2 French, 1 in Spanish. I do hope to catch The Year My Parents Went on Vacation this week, about a Brazilian boy left behind when his parents leave on a mysterious trip.